After the Mist | Excerpt from "Spirit" |

April 5, 2000

After the mist dissolves into the mirror
and fading dreams sing into a warm skyline,

I'll come to terms with the deep empty.
With my back pressed firm against the field
and my arms stretched wide,
I wait for the announcement of your departure.
I've held my breath till I'm blue, 
but gasp to inhale the world.
I'm left facing the I love you's.
I'm left not having had enough of you.
My consolation a piece of star dust,
and my hunger a slice of rainbow.
Load the satchel and wander
where the path runs high.
There I see the very best view.
After I've sat on my rock long enough,
I'll know all the mountains and rivers.
I'll tell you who passed by and who came through.
I'll know who entered the mountain without me knowing.
The focus will sharpen and the light will splinter the hue.
After the mist dissolves into the mirror
and fading dreams sing into a warm skyline...